Marc A. Taxman
Marc Taxman is a founding partner of the firm who over the past 29 years has established an impressive record as a trial attorney with record setting jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. Marc has been nominated by his peers to be included for the honor and distinction as one of Illinois’ Leading Lawyers in personal injury law. Marc routinely handles high profile, multi-million dollar cases and his casework continues to set precedents in the field of personal injury law. Marc feels privileged when clients entrust him to speak and act on their behalf. He accepts that responsibility by devoting himself to their cases and investigating the evidence with discipline and creativity. That attention to detail, along with thorough research and preparation, equips him with the best proof possible to establish that his clients are entitled to justice.
Marc frequently speaks before the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association on such topics as evidence, trial practice, medical malpractice, construction negligence, premises liability, jury 9nstructions, damages and other areas pertaining to personal injury law. He has also published chapters in the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Medical Malpractice Trial Notebook, and course materials and papers presented at speaking engagements. Marc has also served as an investigator and hearing officer for the Chicago Bar Association’s prestigious Judicial Evaluation Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Negligence
- Transportation Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Trial Practice
- Illinois, 1988
- Minnesota, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2011
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago-Kent College of Law,
University of Illinois,
(B.S., Psychology, 1985)
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyer Top 5% of Attorneys in Illinois
- Illinois Leading Lawyers recommended by peer Attorneys
- Recognized in the “Best Lawyers in America” for high caliber of work in the practice of Personal Injury Litigation
- Top 100 Verdicts in the Country 2003
- Top Lawyers Personal Injury Lawyers 2005 as Published in the Crain’s Chicago Business
- Top 100 Verdicts in the County 2011 (#11)
- Member of The National Trial Lawyers top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Recipient of the Jury Verdict Reporter Law Bulletin Publishing Company Trial Lawyer Excellence Award in 2012 and 2014
Marc’s recent verdict and settlement highlights include:
contact us today
- $67 million record jury verdict for a client who suffered burn injuries in a grain bin explosion.
- $21 million verdict for an ironworker whose arm was severed by a 550 lb. steel beam falling from a crane on a construction site.
- $18 million medical malpractice settlement for a family whose child was injured during labor and delivery.
- Substantial undisclosed settlement in the traumatic sexual assault of a 79-year-old nursing home resident.
- $12.4 million record settlement in Rockford, Illinois for an ironworker and his wife after worker suffered brain injury from a fall.
- $12 million settlement, plus waiver of $1,000,000 of a workers’ compensation lien, in a construction injury case against an Electrical Subcontractor and General Contractor for an Electrician Helper who suffered 2 severely fractured legs when he was hit by a piece of construction equipment.
- $7.5 million settlement for an injured roofer and his wife as a result of a spinal fracture suffered in a fall at a jobsite.
- $6 million settlement in medical malpractice case for a woman who suffered an air embolism after medical professionals failed to properly administer medication through a catheter used for dialysis. As a result, it caused a stroke and limited movement on the left side. She passed away 3 ½ years after the incident.
- $4.8 million trial and settlement of automobile for driver and 2 family members, where our driver was initially ticketed and blamed for the collision until we tried the case and proved the Defendant was a proximate cause of the occurrence.
- $4 million settlement in medical malpractice case for the family of a man who suffered a retroperitoneal hemorrhage following Interventional Cardiology procedure to repair aneurism and clotting.
- $3 million settlement plus a waiver of a $919,455.72 workers compensation lien, to an ironworker who injured his hip and lower back lifting and moving a beam.
- $3 million settlement a Medical Malpractice and Product Liability case involving a tracheostomy tube that was compromised in the ICU.
- $2.9 million settlement, plus a waiver of $180,000 workers’ compensation lien, in a product liability claim for the wrongful death of a 67-year-old mechanic when a fabric sling used to lift a piece of equipment was cut causing the load to fall.
- $2.7 million record jury verdict in a medical malpractice case for a baby who suffered an injury to her middle finger at a hospital on the day of her birth following a C-section delivery.
- $2.5 million settlement for bicyclist hit by a car and suffered multiple injuries.
- $2.1 million jury verdict for an injured worker who fell from a ladder suffering ankle and wrist fractures. The insurance company only offered $600,000 to settle before trial.
- $2.7 million settlement of a product liability action for a client whose arm was injured by an unreasonably dangerous machine.
- $1.95 million medical malpractice settlement for the wife and three children of a cancer patient who died due to the failure to diagnose and treat the condition.
- $1.75 million settlement for an ironworker who suffered a severe wrist fracture when he fell from a beam during construction.
- $1.625 million settlement for an injured motorist who suffered an injury to her low back that ultimately required a fusion 1 ½ years after the impact. The defense attempted to claim that the treatment was unrelated to the impact.
- $1.575 million settlement of work injury involving a shoulder rotator cuff tear suffered by Union Electrician in DuPage County.
- $1.46 million settlement for an ironworker who fell 8 feet and suffered bi-lateral wrist fractures that aggravated pre-existing arthritis.
- $1.36 million verdict for an ironworker who injured his knee and aggravated a pre-existing arthritic condition as a building in downtown Chicago.