Julie L. Pustilnik
Julie Levinson Pustilnik is an Associate Attorney at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman. Julie has dedicated her career to fighting for victims of personal injury and has secured outstanding verdicts and settlements for her clients.Julie is frequently recognized by the legal community and her peers for her impressive advocacy. Julie has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, a distinction reserved for only the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Julie was also named an Emerging Lawyer, recognizing her as one of the top 2% of young lawyers who have proven themselves professional, ethical and experienced at an early point in their careers. These honors reflect Julie's excellent legal skills, hard work and devotion to her clients.Julie received a Jury Verdict Reporter Trial Lawyer Excellence Award for achieving the highest record jury verdict in 2012. The award honored a $67 million jury verdict and successful representation of a man who suffered severe and debilitating burns in a grain bin explosion while doing his job. Julie strives to help others achieve the security they lose when suffering from injury.
Julie's recent verdicts and settlements include:
- $67.2 million record jury verdict including punitive damages on behalf of a laborer who was injured while working on a grain bin that exploded causing severe burn injuries.
- $6,000,000.00 settlement for woman who suffered a brain infarction that led to disability with no function on her left side after hospital staff administered morphine through a permacath causing air to enter her venous system.
- $3,000,000.00 policy limit settlement for a young girl severely burned in a propane gas explosion at her family's vacation cabin after a company installed a new propane tank on the property.
- $3 million settlement obtained during a jury trial for the estate of a 70 year old hospital patient who suffocated to death after his tracheostomy tube became dislodged (hospital and product manufacturer shared payment).
- $1,808,075.37 trial verdict in medical malpractice case for a 73 year old man who developed an infection and died after undergoing an unnecessary TRUS biopsy of the prostate gland.
- $1,600,000.00 total settlement in a product liability action for a woman whose arm was injured by an unreasonably dangerous machine.
- $1,210,000.00 settlement for a woman who suffered a herniated disc requiring surgery and future care after slipping on spilled liquid.
- $1.185 million settlement for a 32 year old mother who was struck by a bakery truck while crossing the street in a crosswalk in Chicago, sustaining back and hip injuries requiring surgery.
- $800,000.00 settlement for an ironworker who injured his knee after tripping on an electrical conduit on a construction jobsite.
- $400,000.00 settlement for temp agency employee working at a cookie factory who suffered a fractured ulna and olecranon when her arm was pulled into the belt/rollers of the conveyor belt of machine.
- $296,000.00 settlement for a man who sustained a hip injury in a rear-end auto collision
- $225,000.00 settlement for 71 year old man with Alzheimer's, dementia and Parkinson's disease who suffered two falls at a nursing home.
- $212,500.00 settlement for a woman who developed an open wound/ulcer on the top of her foot while a resident in a nursing home.
- $200,000.00 settlement for a woman who suffered a fractured ankle during a fall caused by broken lattice on a staircase.
- $153,000.00 total settlement for two women who suffered a fractured sternum, and back and neck injuries in automobile collision.
- $142,000.00 settlement for a bicyclist hit by a dump truck who suffered back injuries requiring surgery.
- $135,000.00 settlement for man who suffered head and neck injuries in an automobile collision.
- $125,000.00 settlement for man who suffered a rotator cuff tear in a slip and fall on ice incident.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Negligence
- Construction Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Auto Liability
- Trial Practice
- Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2012
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Illinois
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars Top 2.5 % of Attorneys in Illinois under 40 years old
- Illinois Emerging Lawyer Top 2% of Attorneys in Illinois under 40 years old
- Jury Verdict Reporter Trial Lawyer Excellence Award – Record Jury Verdict 2012
- 2012 IICLE Illinois Civil Practice: Opening the Case – Chapter 8
- 2015 IICLS Illinois Civil Practice: Opening the Case – Chapter 8
Professional Associations and Memberships
contact us today
- Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council – Vice President (current)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Association Justice