Brad N. Pollock
Brad Pollock has been successfully representing people hurt or killed by the wrongful conduct of others for more than twenty years. He has secured numerous record setting
financial recoveries for his clients both at trial and through settlement, which have been featured in the news. Brad began his legal career in 1995 working as an insurance defense attorney in Chicago. He then elected to switch sides taking his defense experience and using it for the benefit of his injured plaintiff clients. Since that time, Mr. Pollock has dedicated himself to obtaining justice for his clients and, at the same time, promoting change to prevent future unnecessary injury or loss of life.
Brad concentrates his legal practice in areas that include: wrongful death; catastrophic injury; traumatic brain injury; transportation/motor vehicle collisions; construction injuries; medical malpractice; products liability; premises liability; and nursing home neglect and abuse.
The legal community has recognized Mr. Pollock’s accomplishments. In 2018 Brad was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as one of the lawyers on its ‘The Top 100’ list in Illinois for 2018. ‘The Top 100’ list consists of 100 lawyers selected from all areas of the legal practice throughout the State of Illinois. With over 90,000 lawyers in Illinois, it is quite a distinction. In 2016, Mr. Pollock was named “Lawyer of the Year
” by the DuPage County Bar Association. Brad has been selected by his peers in Illinois as a “Super Lawyer
” in personal injury since 2008 (a distinction given to less than 5% of lawyers in his field). A survey of Illinois lawyers conducted by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company has also named him a “Leading Lawyer
” in personal injury (limited to less than 5% of lawyers in his field). Brad has been chosen as a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer
” by the National Trial Lawyers since 2013. He also holds a Superb rating from AVVO.
The Illinois Supreme Court has appointed Mr. Pollock, by order of the Court, to serve: (1) on its Supreme Court Character and Fitness Committee for the Second District of Illinois (acting as its Chairman from 2013 to 2017) ; and (2) on its Supreme Court Civil Jury Instruction Committee. Brad has also serves on the Illinois State Bar Association Tort Section Council (acting as Chairman from 2016-2017) and on the Civil Practice Section Council. At the request of the DuPage County Bar Association, Brad agreed to act as the lawyer (general counsel) for the legal organization from 2011-2013. He is a Past President of the American Inns of Court, Robert E. Jones Chapter. Brad has given numerous lectures to fellow attorneys in the area of injury law, including outside of the State of Illinois. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Midwestern University and as a member of the College of DuPage Paralegal Studies Advisory Council.
Some examples of Mr. Pollock’ s noteworthy results include:
- $18.6 million recovery in Cook County for a Chicago construction worker who suffered a traumatic brain injury after falling from defective construction equipment.
- $7.3 million medical malpractice verdict in Cook County following a surgeon’ s failure to completely remove a woman’ s benign facial tumor (co-counsel).
- $5.7 million recovery in DuPage County for a spinal cord injury following a spinal surgery (co-counsel).
- $5.25 million products liability recovery in Cook County for a young man that sustained profound injuries in an explosion caused by engine testing equipment (co-counsel).
- $3.125 million record recovery in DuPage County for an ankle injury following a golf cart vehicle rollover accident.
- $3.1 million medical negligence recovery in Cook County on behalf of 5-year-old girl following the misplacement of a central venous catheter resulting in stroke.
- $2.55 million in DuPage County for a young woman injured by an unattended motor vehicle that struck and severely injured her leg.
- $2.5 million medical malpractice verdict in Cook County for a man that experienced hearing loss and imbalance following a failed ear surgery (co-counsel).
- $1.5 million resolution of DuPage County medical malpractice wrongful death cause of action involving the death of a 2-day old prematurely born infant.
- $1.1 million record medical malpractice verdict in Will County on behalf of an 82-year-old woman that sustained a nerve injury during an endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery.
- $1.1 million medical malpractice recovery for a boy that suffered a facial nerve injury following surgery to remove a benign tumor.
- $1 million recovery for an elderly man that tripped over an improper curb suffering a head injury.
- $1 million recovery for a woman that tripped over an exposed bolt in the floor of a Chicagoland retail store and suffered a head injury
- $600, 000 for a construction worker that fell off of a roof and suffered a leg injury
- $583,750.00-settlement on behalf of an elderly deaf driver who made a left turn in front of another vehicle heading in the opposite direction on a roadway in Batavia, Illinois. The defendant allegedly failed to slow or stop.
- $500,000 medical negligence recovery in DuPage County for a laborer that suffered a transected accessory nerve during a lymph node biopsy procedure.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers Magazine ‘The Top 100’ Lawyers in Illinois (2018)
- Named Lawyer of the Year in 2016 by the DuPage County Bar Association
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to serve on its Character and Fitness Committee for the Second District - 2010 to present (Appointed Chair 2013 to 2017)
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to serve on its Civil Jury Instruction Committee 2015 to present.
- Selected by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer (less than 5% of Attorneys in Illinois)
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company (less than 5% of Attorneys in Illinois)
- Names a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Member of the Board of Managers
- Invited lecturer
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Appointed to Tort Section Council: 2011 to Present (Chair in 2016-17)
- Appointed to Civil Practice Section Council: 2014 to present
- Invited lecturer
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA)
- General Counsel 2011 to 2013
- Appointed Civil Practice Committee Chair 2007 & 2014
- Appointed Chair of the Trial Advocacy Program 2007 to present
- Past appointee of Judiciary Committee
- Invited lecturer
- American Inns of Court/DuPage County Chapter
- President 2011-2012
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) – Member
Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign
B.A., with distinction, 1992
contact us today
- Illinois Bar, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1996